Monday 29 October 2007

I tried

I tried, really I did.

I got the children to sleep at a decent hour, left the other half watching Star Trek (yawn)
in the living room and I hoisted the lap top upto our bedroom.

I managed a measly 500 words. Don't curse me, I have been looking at a computer screen all
day at work. Work. Tired and dreary in the evenings, Busy at the weekend.

I need some major motivation. I need this novel finished by the new year and I have competitions to
enter. There are lots of great comps out there at the moment.

This time I won't burst into tears if I don't win.

1 comment:

Helen said...

Hi, I found your blog via Lucy Diamonds. I'm one of her fellow 'novel racers'. I just wanted to say you sound exactly like I did at the beginning of this year. Then I found the racers and my motivation and confidence soared. I have now finished my first draft and have started on my second draft.

I have low days with my writing but other bloggers are always there to encourage. Even if you don't want to join the racers you must come and visit the blog and visit some of the others it would really help and you would know you aren't the only one out there!!